When Summer rolls around I love stir fries for dinner 🙂
They can be nice & light but fill you at the same time.
Here is the ingredients (for 2/3 people) and method >>>
You will need >
- 350g Turkey Stir Fry (currently on offer in Aldi for €3)
- Coconut Oil (tablespoon)
- Brocolli (half a head)
- Spinach leaves
- 1 pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 6 slices of chorizo (I know a strange addition but I’m obsessed with chorizo, gives a lovely smokey flavour)
- Ready to Wok fine thread noodles (Available in Aldi).
- Schwartz Chinese 5 spice
- Soy sauce reduced salt
- Whole ginger & garlic (optional)
What to do >>>
- Turn on hob to heat 4.
- Melt coconut oil in pan.
- Boil water in a pot. Add brocolli when water is boiling.
- Grate some ginger and garlic into the pan (peel first) and fry for 3/4 minutes.
- Add in turkey pieces and chopped chorizo, fry for 5-10 minutes. Turn down heat if necessary.
- Chop up peppers and onion and add to pan. Fry for a further 5-10 minutes, cover with lid to cook faster and add a small bit of water if necessary.
- Once brocolli is cooked add to pan with turkey and veg etc…
- Add a handful of spinach leaves or more if you desire and cover with lid. Again add a bit of water if necessary.
- Reduce heat to 3, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- At this point I generally add the chinese 5 spice, it depends on how much you like it but I add loads lol 🙂
- Mix it up and add the 2 sachets of fine thread noodles.
- Break up the noodles a small bit and place lid on pan again for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix it up again making sure all the noodles have been separated and add a small bit of soy sauce if you like.
- And voila your stir fry is done 🙂
I love that you can have a healthy stirfry without feeling guilty! It’s all about the seasoning and the fresh veg 🙂
You can use any of the ready to wok noodles as I believe they are all quite low in sugar but in particular the fine thread ones only have 0.6g per sachet which is excellent!
You can also add more or less of vegetables, you can literally use anything! Sometimes I add in some frozen peas & carrots.
Also I know chorizo is a bit mad to put into a stir fry but I’m literally obsessed with the stuff and it has some great benefits. It provides high quality protein, good source of thiamine and contains vitamin b12. I wouldn’t suggest eating chorizo all the time but it’s good to add a small bit into 1 meal a day.
I could rave on about the benefits of the other ingredients but you know yourself that fresh veg and turkey is excellent, you could also use chicken instead of turkey.
I do my weekly shop in Aldi and all ingredients can be bought here. Check weekly specials for the Chinese 5 spice 🙂
I hope this was helpful, I just want to show that eating healthy is not boring!
Please follow my social media links below ❤