Everyone has become obsessed with finding new ways and the best way to lose weight!
Do whatever works for you (as long as it’s healthy of course) but one piece of advice I would give you is to be drinking herbal teas.
When I began my weight loss/healthier lifestyle journey I began researching all the benefits of herbal teas and knew I had to start making it daily routine.
I am convinced it has helped maintain my weight loss as I am not exercising as much as I used to.
I usually drink about 4/5 cups of herbal tea a day and I alternate between different teas.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT/BREASTFEEDING OR HAVE OTHER MEDICAL CONDITIONS PLEASE LOOK INTO WHAT TEAS YOU CAN AND CAN’T DRINK.
Here are my favourite herbal teas to drink and some of the benefits 🙂
Camomile tea has an array of benefits that include >>>
- Soothe stomach aches.
- Promote sleep.
- Calms muscle spasms (great for that time of the month).
- Helps maintain glucose levels – which lowers your risk of developing diabetes and coronary heart disease.
Probably my favourite tea, particularly when I am feeling bloated. And it tastes lovely.
- Improves digestion.
- Aids in weight loss – by helping gas move through the body hence decreasing bloating and cramping.
- Possibly reduces appetite.
- Improves bad breath.
LEMON AND GINGER TEA
Love the taste of this tea, it is so refreshing! Great for your morning tea.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Contains high levels of antioxidants in the ginger and vitamin C in the lemon.
- Improves digestion (less bloating).
- Ginger helps to normalise sugar levels so you don’t crave as much sugar.
- Helps improve fat absorption – prevents it from accumulating in the body.
- Helps increase metabolism.
Green tea is renowned for being a weight loss tea but please alternate teas don’t constantly drink green tea as it has been linked to inhibiting iron absorption. And please only drink supermarket/legitimate green tea. Do not order green tea online as they can be highly concentrated and lead to all sorts of health problems. It is recommended not to have more than 4 cups of green tea a day. Aside from all that it’s benefits outweigh the negatives and drinking in moderation is excellent for you. Heres why >>>
- Helps increase fat burning.
- Increases metabolism.
- Improves physical performance.
- Full of antioxidants.
- Potentially lowers the risk of alzheimer’s.
There is an abundance of brands that sell herbal teas. Some more expensive than others. I personally buy the majority of my herbal teas in Aldi. I feel that for example, Green Tea in Aldi is the exact same as Green Tea from a “higher end” brand.
Every once in a while I do like to “splash out” on a more expensive tea like Pukka, which can be got in health shops and I think Tesco.
When purchasing herbal teas check the ingredients and they should just be what the title says. For example, Peppermint tea’s ingredients should just be Peppermint Leaves.
Also, Tesco do some lovely own brand teas at very reasonable prices.
Sorry for it being such a long blog but I really wanted to get some points across.
Overall, herbal teas are great for you. Just make sure you are choosing the correct ones and if you have any concerns consult your doctor.
Thank you for taking the time to read and hope this was helpful.